- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Connemara Golf Links. On a dramatic stretch of Atlantic coastline, the links course masterminded by Eddie Hackett, Ireland's finest course designer, is sited between the Twelve Bens mountains and the rugged coast, with unforgettable views of sea, hills, and the huge western sky. The opening hole has a challenging dog leg, while the back 9 offer a memorable golfing experience, considered equal to any in the world. 9 km (5½ miles) south of Clifden on R341, Ballyconneely, Co. Galway. 095/23502. www.connemaragolflinks.com. Fees: Nov.–Mar. €35, Apr. and Oct. €45, May and Sept. €55, June €60, July €65, Aug. €70. 18 holes. Yardage 7,055. Par 72. Practice area, caddies, club hire, catering. Visitors: Mon.–Sun. (some restrictions).
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's