Laugardalur Park Review
This is actually made up of several parks in one large area. Besides one of the best swimming pools in the city, the recreational expanse has picnic and barbecuing facilities. To get to the park, you can take Bus S2, 14, or 15 east.
Grasagarður. The free Grasagarður has an extensive outdoor collection of native and exotic plants. Coffee, cakes and other snacks are sold in summer at the cozy Café Flóra, which is open only in the summer and on weekends in December. 411-8650. www.grasagardur.is. May-Sept. 10-10; Oct.-April 10-3.
Húsdýragarðurinn. The Húsdýragarðurinn, has reindeer, goats, cows, horses, seals, and fish. It's open daily, mid-May through August, 10-6; the rest of the year it's open daily, 10-5. 411-5900. www.mu.is.
Fjölskyldugarðurinn. The adjacent Fjölskyldugarðurinn has rides and games, such as Crazy Bikes—a driving school complete with miniature traffic lights—and a scale model of a Viking ship. Joint admission to both the Farm Animal Park and Family Park is ISK 600 for those aged 5-12, and ISK 700 for those over 12. 411-5900. www.husdyragardur.is. 10-6 in Summer and 10-5 in Winter.
- Address: Reykjavík
- Cost: Free
- Location: Iceland
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- Iceland Viking Challenge Family IExplore
- Lands of the Midnight Sun IExplore
- Iceland Hiking Adventure — $1,395 IExplore
- Iceland: Viking Challenge — $2,099 IExplore
- Lands of the Midnight Sun — $10,790 IExplore
I went to Iceland last September for 10 days.
I've been a lurker for far too long! I would like to thank everybody on here for all your help regarding my trip and without all of you my trip would not have Read more
It took me awhile to post this but here is a trip report from our visit to Iceland in July of 2012. Read more
I'm planning a trip to Iceland in late July or early August and would like to spend a day paddling whitewater. Read more
· News & Features
The Swiss city of Basel is getting ready to host to the who's who of the art world yet again, with the ... Read more
Do you suffer from Vacation Deprivation?... Read more
Steinbeck said it well—no matter how many plans you make, its the destination that scoops you up... Read more