- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Batthyány tér Review
There are tremendous views of Parliament from this square named after Count Lajos Batthyány, the prime minister shot dead in the 1848 revolution. The M2 subway, the HÉV electric railway from Szentendre, and various suburban and local buses converge on the square, and there's even a supermarket here. At No. 7 Batthyány tér is the beautiful, baroque twin-tower Szent Anna-templom (Church of St. Anne), dating from 1740–62, its oval cupola adorned with frescoes and statuary.
- Address: District I, Fő utca at Batthyány utca, Around Batthyány tér, Budapest
- Metro M2: Batthyány tér.
- Location: Around Batthyány tér
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
As promised I'm making a start on this overdue TR. Read more
Feeling so guilty, I haven't even started a TR. Read more
My wife and I plan on visiting Eastern Europe in May for about a month. Read more
· News & Features
Visitors in the know about Disney's new parks system are sure to experience a much smoother vacation tha ... Read more
Mexico City's art scene is vibrant, solid, and ever-flourishing.... Read more
Last week, JW Marriott Hanoi debuted in Hanoi, Vietnam, following in the footsteps of two other JW Marrio... Read more