- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Tóth Árpád sétány (Árpád Tóth Promenade)
Tóth Árpád sétány (Árpád Tóth Promenade) Review
This romantic, tree-lined promenade along the Buda side of the hill is often mistakenly overlooked by sightseers. Beginning at the Museum of Military History, the promenade takes you "behind the scenes" along the back sides of the matte-pastel baroque houses that face Úri utca, with their regal arched windows and wrought-iron gates. On a late spring afternoon the fragrance of the cherry trees and the sweeping view of the quiet Buda neighborhoods below may be enough to revive even the most weary.
- Address: District I from Kapisztrán tér to Szent György utca, Budapest
- Metro Várbusz (3rd stop from M2: Széll Kálmán tér).
- Location: Várhegy (Castle Hill)
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
As promised I'm making a start on this overdue TR. Read more
Feeling so guilty, I haven't even started a TR. Read more
My wife and I plan on visiting Eastern Europe in May for about a month. Read more
· News & Features
Wine connoisseurs take note: Norwegian Cruise Line has partnered with the Michael Mondavi Family Estate... Read more
Got cabin fever?... Read more
Finding an affordable, stylish hotel in Manhattan is a challenge.... Read more