Citrus Museum Review
The Kambos district is famed as one of the most superlatively fertile orchard regions of Greece—orange and lemon groves here are given the status of museums and landmarks, so it is only fitting that the owners of the Perleas Mansion hotel have now opened this beautifully fragrant estate, known officially as the Citrus Museum,to showcase the history of citrus products on the island, and, oh yes, also entice visitors with a shop and café selling citrus-inspired sweets. Happily, the estate buildings are gorgeous, centered on a terra-cotta-hue farm, set with hunter-green window shutters and replete with folkloric-painted watermill. Nearby is an exceedingly picturesque arbor. In Greek, they call this museum "the aroma of memories" and this title may be more fitting.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's