- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Locals normally prefer to travel by bus, because trains generally take longer. However, train travel makes sense on the Athens Larissis Station–Kalambaka route if you take the express intercity (five hours). It costs around the same as a bus—about €19.10 for the train and €18.10 for the bus. Investing in a first-class seat (proti thesi) for €26 means more room and comfort. The nonexpress train is agonizingly slow (at least eight hours) and requires a change at Palaiofarsalo.
OSE Railway (Larissis Station, Theodorou Deliyanni 31, Athens, 10437. 1110 (customer help); 1440 (departures recording). www.ose.gr. Pindou, Kalambaka, 42200. 24320/22451.)
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe