- Rock Stars Even more wondrous than the Meteora's soaring rock pinnacles are the medieval monasteries perched atop them—walk, climb, or drive to these still-inhabited spots where eagles once nested.
- Zagorohoria Region Dotting the dramatic Vikos gorge are 46 traditional villages filled with picturesque Ottoman houses—some of the best hiking countryside in all Greece.
- Connect with the gods Visiting the ancient site of Dodona in Epirus is a must many mystical ceremonies took place in this ancient sanctuary of Zeus.
- Experience Metsovo's Traditions This mountain village has held on hard to its traditional character—discover its stone houses, customary foods, and winding alleyways (each with its own story).
- Haunts of Ali Pasha Even Lord Byron was drawn to Ioannina to trace the haunted spirit of the legendary pasha who once made Epirus his own personal potentate.
Need trip ideas? Check out our curated collections of destinations around the globe.More