- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
At a Glance
- extensive and successful renovation
- ideal combo of comfort and tradition
- not all rooms have a nice view (request in advance)
Check Rates from our Partners
Doupiani House Review
Reside in a traditional stone-and-wood hotel set amid vineyards in the upper reaches of the idyllic village of Kastraki. Each room—with a luxurious carved double bed, oak floors, and cupboards—has a balcony with panoramic views of both Meteora and Kastraki. Vivacious owner Toula Naki serves breakfast (extra charge, but the produce is local) around the pergola in the large garden, which is perfumed with the scent of roses, jasmine, and honeysuckle. If you have enough stamina, you can walk to the monasteries from here; the hotel can put you in touch with Thanassis Nakis, who will happily provide you with his excellent homemade area hiking maps.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Better late then never, I am finally trying to get my act together and sit down to write this trip report. Read more
I want to thank those who tried to help me with my search for a Greek island and let you know it wasn’t a waste of time. Read more
We are planning a trip in July ( planning late i know)
We are looking at 3 countries in 4 weeks , possible?
Anyone have a similar itinerary?
including major attractions,
any help would be greatly Read more
· News & Features
Ask around and most people will tell you to spend as short a layover as possible in Athens before booking ... Read more
With the Aegean Sea as its backdrop, Greece serves a heavy hand of magical Mediterranean living.... Read more
A week in the Greek isles?... Read more