- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's Greek Islands
A Kolonaki institution, this urban-style ouzeri reminiscent of a French bistro is slightly fancier than the normal mezedopoleio, with cloth napkins, candles on the tables, a handsome dark-wood interior, and society matrons taking a break from retail therapy. The enormous menu offers many unusual creations. For the freshest dishes, ask the waiter for the day's specials, which include traditional fare such as kolokithokeftedes (fried zucchini balls), marinated octopus, and pork cooked in wine, as well as more-modern twists such as Kafeneio's mixed greens salad with pomegranates.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
My film "I Follow Apollo” presents the highlights of Greece, including Athens, Olympia, Meteora, Sparta, the Byzantine Empire, and a cruise to the islands of Mykonos, Santorini, Crete, & Rhodes, Read more
Greek Islands in November on Constelation, weather great, should have been memorable for good things.
After sailing on Infiniti last year and really enjoying it we booked this cruise, would have though Read more
· News & Features
Ask around and most people will tell you to spend as short a layover as possible in Athens before booking... Read more
With the Aegean Sea as its backdrop, Greece serves a heavy hand of magical Mediterranean living.... Read more
A week in the Greek isles?... Read more