- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
A Kolonaki institution, this urban-style ouzeri reminiscent of a French bistro is slightly fancier than the normal mezedopoleio, with cloth napkins, candles on the tables, a handsome dark-wood interior, and society matrons taking a break from retail therapy. The enormous menu offers many unusual creations. For the freshest dishes, ask the waiter for the day's specials, which include traditional fare such as kolokithokeftedes (fried zucchini balls), marinated octopus, and pork cooked in wine, as well as more-modern twists such as Kafeneio's mixed greens salad with pomegranates.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
We've been home for a while now but I thought I would post a belated trip report, partly to thank all those people whose advice I took, either directly or by reading their trip reports.
We are in our seventies, Read more
A month in Chios, Lesvos and Samos (coming in from Turkey this time) in October 2013
September October 2013 – travels in the eastern Aegean…
Back to Greece again – it’s becoming Read more
looking for a hotel in Oia with caldera views and a private plunge pool for my honeymoon next June. Read more
· News & Features
Ask around and most people will tell you to spend as short a layover as possible in Athens before booking ... Read more
With the Aegean Sea as its backdrop, Greece serves a heavy hand of magical Mediterranean living.... Read more
A week in the Greek isles?... Read more