- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's Greek Islands
At a Glance
- gorgeous rooms
- great location
- outstanding service: early check-in available
Check Rates from our Partners
Electra Palace Review
If you want simple elegance, excellent service, and a great location, this is the hotel for you—rooms from the fifth floor up have a view of the Acropolis and in summer you can bask in the sunshine at the outdoor swimming pool as you take in the view of Athens's greatest monument or catch the sunset from the rooftop garden. Located on an attractive backstreet close to the area's museums, its renovated guest rooms are comfortable and beautifully decorated, with ample storage space. Before setting out in the morning, fill up with one of the city's best buffet breakfasts—sausage, pancakes, and home fries. In the evening, relax in a steam bath in the hotel spa, have a drink in the shady garden or enjoy a greek dinner.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
My film "I Follow Apollo” presents the highlights of Greece, including Athens, Olympia, Meteora, Sparta, the Byzantine Empire, and a cruise to the islands of Mykonos, Santorini, Crete, & Rhodes, Read more
Greek Islands in November on Constelation, weather great, should have been memorable for good things.
After sailing on Infiniti last year and really enjoying it we booked this cruise, would have though Read more
· News & Features
Ask around and most people will tell you to spend as short a layover as possible in Athens before booking ... Read more
With the Aegean Sea as its backdrop, Greece serves a heavy hand of magical Mediterranean living.... Read more
A week in the Greek isles?... Read more