- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- German Phrases
At a Glance
- perfect for longer stays
- no elevator
- no air conditioning
Check Rates from our Partners
Mithras-Stuben/Weinstube Kommerzienrat Review
In the picturesque village of Gimmeldingen, the convivial proprietor and wine devotee Bernd Hagedorn rents four spacious apartments with contemporary furnishings, Oriental rugs, and modern baths. Even if you're staying elsewhere, the restaurant ($–$$) is worth a visit. On a garden terrace edged by lemon trees, diners can sample from 30 Pfälzer wines by the glass (and 250 imported wines by the bottle). Rumpsteak (beef steak), served with tasty Bratkartoffeln (home-fried potatoes), and Pfälzer Gyros (thin slices of beef topped with cheese and onions) are perennial favorites.
- Address: Loblocherstr. 34, Neustadt-Gimmeldingen, 67435 | Map It
- Phone: 06321/679–0335; 06321/68200 after 6 pm
- Website: www.weinstube-kommerzienrat.de
- Location: Neustadt
- 4 apartments.
- Rate includes no meals.
- No credit cards.
- Hotel and restaurant closed 2 wks late Apr. Restaurant closed Thurs. No lunch.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
In early September 2013, we had a trip to Europe, covering 14 cities in 15 days. Read more
Early in 2014, DH learned that he might be making several overseas business trips in the next few months; we decided if one was during my March week-long break from teaching and we could get a seat with Read more
Hi, this is my first time on a forum. Read more
· News & Features
In our inaugural Ask Fodor's column, one of our editors editor gives advice on how to travel by rail ... Read more
Pack light and still look great on your next camping trip with these 10 low-maintenance beauty products.... Read more
Castles, lakeside resorts, bang-for-your-buck Hawaii finds, and dazzling hotel gardens—it's... Read more