- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- German Phrases
At a Glance
- perfect for longer stays
- no elevator
- no air conditioning
Check Rates from our Partners
Mithras-Stuben/Weinstube Kommerzienrat Review
In the picturesque village of Gimmeldingen, the convivial proprietor and wine devotee Bernd Hagedorn rents four spacious apartments with contemporary furnishings, Oriental rugs, and modern baths. Even if you're staying elsewhere, the restaurant ($–$$) is worth a visit. On a garden terrace edged by lemon trees, diners can sample from 30 Pfälzer wines by the glass (and 250 imported wines by the bottle). Rumpsteak (beef steak), served with tasty Bratkartoffeln (home-fried potatoes), and Pfälzer Gyros (thin slices of beef topped with cheese and onions) are perennial favorites.
- Address: Loblocherstr. 34, Neustadt-Gimmeldingen, 67435 | Map It
- Phone: 06321/679–0335; 06321/68200 after 6 pm
- Website: www.weinstube-kommerzienrat.de
- Location: Neustadt
- 4 apartments.
- Rate includes no meals.
- No credit cards.
- Hotel and restaurant closed 2 wks late Apr. Restaurant closed Thurs. No lunch.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
I planned my trip using this forum and thought I should pay it forward and hopefully help someone else out there who is planning a trip. Read more
Our 40th Anniversary Trip to Germany-Vienna: Part 3, Trains
We used the Deutche Bahn (DB) rail system throughout our vacation. Read more
Due to unavoidable circumstances our trip to Prague and Munich was called off last May. Read more