- Zeppelin Museum, Friedrichshafen Step inside the gracious passenger rooms of the airship, and you may question whether the air transport of today, though undeniably bigger and faster, is a real improvement.
- Altes Schloss in Meersburg Explore the oldest continuously inhabited castle in Germany, from the sinister dungeons to the imposing knights' hall.
- Schloss Salem, near Überlingen The castle itself has plenty to see, with furnished rooms, stables, gardens, and museums.
- Wallfahrtskirche Birnau, near Überlingen A vineyard slopes down from this pilgrimage church to Schloss Maurach on the lakeshore. The scene inside the church is a riot of color and embellishment.
- Mainau Island More than a million tulips and narcissi grace the flower island in spring—later they're followed by rhododendrons and azaleas, roses, and dahlias.
Need trip ideas? Check out our curated collections of destinations around the globe.More