The Bodensee Travel Guide
- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- German Phrases
Plan Your The Bodensee Vacation
Lapping the shores of Germany, Switzerland, and Austria, the Bodensee (Lake Constance), at 65 km (40 miles) long and 15 km (9 miles) wide, is the largest lake in the German-speaking world.
Accommodations in the towns and resorts around the lake include venerable wedding-cake-style, fin de siècle palaces as well as more modest Gasthöfe. If...read more
In this area, international dishes are not only on the menu but also on the map—you have to drive only a few miles to try the Swiss or Austrian dish you're...read more
Things To Do in The Bodensee
Explore the best sights, entertainment, and shopping with our top choices and insider tips.
Zeppelin Museum, Friedrichshafen: Step inside the gracious passenger rooms of the airship, and you may question whether the air transport of today... Read more
The best way to experience the Bodensee area is by bike. In as little as three days, you can cross the borders of three nations. The largely... Read more
Now55° F Clear 54% Humidity April 24, 2014 at 7:50PM
Check historic weather for your trip datesArriving:
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
My wife and I had a marvellous 8 days in Dresden, in the latter half of March 2014. Read more
In early September 2013, we had a trip to Europe, covering 14 cities in 15 days. Read more