- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- French Phrases
Fodor's Paris 2014
Mobile AppDownload Fodor's City Guide App for FREE!
Hôtel Bastille de Launay
At a Glance
- homey proportions
- attentive service
- reasonably spacious for the neighborhood
- tiny elevator
- some rooms small
- basic bathrooms
Check Rates from our Partners
Hôtel Bastille de Launay Review
The no-frills decor might seem spartan at first, but this boutique hotel also offers some creature comforts, modern amenities like free Wi-Fi, and a perfect location a few blocks from the regal Place des Vosges. Cozy rooms are calm and quiet and have the high-quality mattresses more often found in a four-star hotel. Rooms 7 and 8 at the back of the courtyard occupy a smaller building that feels like a bed-and-breakfast in the countryside. Ask about king-size beds if you want to splurge.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
In my wildest dream, i would never have guessed that my favorite niece and I would celebrate out big birthdays on the same year, or that we would do it in Paris in September!
She has always had a fascinated Read more
Hi we are just back so I am going to start a bit as I remember things! Read more
I'll be leaving for Villefranche-sur-Mer in two weeks and would welcome any suggestions for things to do and sights to see while in the area. Read more
· News & Features
Tired of following the pack? ... Read more
The City of Light is a must-see destination this spring, with a flurry of top-tier museum shows, dining... Read more
In the fashionable streets of Le Marias lie remnants from Paris's sometimes turbulent history.... Read more