- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- French Phrases
Fodor's Paris 2014
Mobile AppDownload Fodor's City Guide App for FREE!
Le Jules Verne
Le Jules Verne Review
Alain Ducasse doesn't set his sights low, so it was no real surprise when he took over this prestigious dining room on the second floor of the Eiffel Tower and had designer Patrick Jouin give the room a neo-futuristic look in shades of brown. Sauces and pastries are prepared in a kitchen below the Champ de Mars before being whisked up the elevator to the kitchen, which is overseen by young chef Pascal Féraud. Most accessible is the €90 lunch menu (weekdays only), which brings you à la carte dishes in slightly smaller portions. Spend more (about €175 to €210 per person without drinks) and you'll be entitled to more lavish dishes such as lobster with celery root and black truffle, and fricassee of Bresse chicken with crayfish. For dessert the kitchen reinterprets French classics, as in an unsinkable pink grapefruit soufflé with grapefruit sorbet. Book months ahead or try your luck at the last minute.
- Address: Tour Eiffel, south pillar, Av. Gustave Eiffel, 7e Around the Eiffel Tower, Paris, 75007
- Phone: 01–45–55–61–44
- Website: www.lejulesverne-paris.com
- Metro Bir-Hakeim.
- Location: Around the Eiffel Tower
- Jacket and tie.
- Reservations essential.
- Credit cards accepted.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Most of the towns along the northern coastline of France were destroyed during WW2, but there is at least one notable exception -- the town of Mers-les-Bains in Picardy, which displays one of the most amazing Read more
In my wildest dream, i would never have guessed that my favorite niece and I would celebrate out big birthdays on the same year, or that we would do it in Paris in September!
She has always had a fascinated Read more
The facts: Family of four with 18yo son and 9yo daughter who has celiac (must be gluten-free) will be in Paris August 3-16. Read more
· News & Features
Tired of following the pack? ... Read more
The City of Light is a must-see destination this spring, with a flurry of top-tier museum shows, dining... Read more
In the fashionable streets of Le Marias lie remnants from Paris's sometimes turbulent history.... Read more