- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- French Phrases
Fodor's Paris 2014
Mobile AppDownload Fodor's City Guide App for FREE!
At a Glance
- convenient central location
- friendly service
- breakfast buffet (free for kids under 12)
- some areas in need of repair
- variable quality in decor between rooms
- no restaurant for lunch or dinner
Check Rates from our Partners
Hôtel Brighton Review
A few of the city's most prestigious hotels face the Tuileries or Place de la Concorde, but the 19th-century Brighton occupies the same prime real estate and offers a privileged stay for a fraction of the price. The entry is modest compared to grande dames down the road, but don't let the geometric carpeting and modern furniture fool you. Rooms exude a classic elegance, blending antiques with comfortable square footage. While many are handsomely decorated with grey woolen throws and oversize royal blue pillows, others (like #407) offer quintessential Parisian charm with pretty floral patterns and a marble fireplace. The smallest rooms overlook the courtyard; larger ones have a magnificent view of the gardens. Nearly all have flat-screen TVs, free Wi-Fi, and heated towel racks in spacious bathrooms. Relax in the first floor bar and lounge surrounded by marble columns, mirrored walls, and contemporary furnishings—try the haute-patisserie by renowned French chef Philippe Conticini featured on the salon du thé menu.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
In my wildest dream, i would never have guessed that my favorite niece and I would celebrate out big birthdays on the same year, or that we would do it in Paris in September!
She has always had a fascinated Read more
Hi we are just back so I am going to start a bit as I remember things! Read more
I'll be leaving for Villefranche-sur-Mer in two weeks and would welcome any suggestions for things to do and sights to see while in the area. Read more
· News & Features
Tired of following the pack? ... Read more
The City of Light is a must-see destination this spring, with a flurry of top-tier museum shows, dining... Read more
In the fashionable streets of Le Marias lie remnants from Paris's sometimes turbulent history.... Read more