- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- French Phrases
Mobile AppDownload Fodor's City Guide App for FREE!
This tiny shrine in the shadow of Notre-Dame is one of the three oldest churches in Paris. Founded in 1045, it became a meeting place for university students in the 12th century and was Dante's church of choice when he was in town writing his Divine Comedy. Today's structure dates mostly from the 1600s, but keep an eye out for older pillars, which crawl with carvings of demons. You can maximize your time inside by attending one of the classical or gospel concerts held here. Alternately, go outside and simply perch on a bench in the garden to relish the view of Notre-Dame.
- Address: 1 rue St-Julien-le-Pauvre, Latin Quarter, Paris, 75005 | Map It
- Phone: 01–43–54–52–16
- Website: www.sjlpmelkites.org; www.concertinparis.com for concert schedule
- Metro St-Michel.
- Location: The Latin Quarter
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
My film “Napoleon Slept Here” takes you all around France, beginning and ending in Paris, with Notre Dame Cathedral, the Pompidou Center, Eiffel Tower, Napoleon’s Tomb, Sainte-Chapelle’s Read more
Two farm kid high school sweethearts celebrate 35 years of marriage in Europe. Read more
After half a dozen trips to the south of France, DH and I have decided to address the biggest wish on our bucket list, and buy a house in the Languedoc. Read more
· News & Features
France is a famous lure for its art, culture, and fine wine, and now visitors are falling for Cognac,... Read more
Choosing a destination for your honeymoon can prove nearly as challenging a task as finding "the one."... Read more
After four long years of renovations, Paris's Palais Galleria finally reopens its doors, treating its... Read more