- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- French Phrases
Top Reasons to Go to Normandy
Mont-St-Michel: The spire-top silhouette of this mighty offshore mound, dubbed the Marvel of the Occident, is one of the greatest sights in Europe. Get there at high tide, when the water races across the endless sands.
Bayeux: Come not just for the splendor of the tapestry telling how William conquered England, but also for untouched medieval buildings and the beefy, bonnet-top cathedral.
Honfleur: From France's prettiest harbor, lined with beam-fronted houses, you can head to the ravishing wooden church of Ste-Catherine.
Rouen: Sanctified by the memory of Jeanne d'Arc, hallowed by its towering Gothic cathedral (immortalized by Monet), and lined with medieval half-timber houses, Rouen makes a great gateway city to Normandy.
D-Day Beaches: From rocky Omaha to pancake-flat Utah, muse on the stirring deeds of World War II.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe