Lyon and the Alps Restaurants
- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- French Phrases
Lyon and the Alps Restaurant Reviews
The food you'll find in the Rhône-Alps region is some of France's best, as it's considered the birthplace of the country's traditional cuisine, while also being the engine room of tomorrow's latest trends and gourmet styles. In Lyon's countless bouchons (taverns or eating houses), you'll find everything from gras double (tripe) to boudin noir (black sausage) to paillasson (fried hashed potatoes). If it's a light or vegetarian meal you're after, you'll be hard-pressed to find one here.
Browse Lyon and the Alps Restaurants
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's