- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- French Phrases
San Martino di Lota
Just 20 minutes from downtown Bastia, the turnoff to the perched village of San Martino di Lota winds through thick vegetation as the flat blue expanse of the Tyrrhenian Sea spreads out below. An architectural highlight is the 17th century parish church dedicated to Saint Martin. Look inside the sanctuary to find the altar piece crafted by Capuchin monks of the Mola monastery. A hike up to the mountain pass, Bocca di Santo Lunardo, above the village, is a perfect way to develop a ravenous appetite: the trek takes between six and eight hours round-trip and provides fantastic views of Cap Corse, the Tyrrhenian Sea, and the Tuscan hills.
Elsewhere in Corsica
- Asco and Haut-Asco
- Col de Bavella
- La Porta
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's