- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Ring Roads One and Three are the two major highways that circle the city. Mannerheimintie and Hämeentie are the major trunk roads out of Helsinki. Mannerheimintie feeds into Highway E12, which travels north and takes you to the ring roads. Hämeentie leads you to Highway E75 as well as Roads 4 and 7. From either route, you will find directions for Highway 45 to the airport or, from the eastern edge of the city, you can take Mäkelänkatu, which merges into 45. For specific route information, contact the Automobile and Touring Club of Finland or the tourist office.
Automobile and Touring Club of Finland (Autoliitto, Hämeentie 105 A, 4th floor, Helsinki, 00551. 09/7258-4400; 0200/8080 24-hr road service. www.autoliitto.fi.)
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $499 & up -- Transatlantic Cruises to Europe, Save $100 Norwegian Cruise Line