- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Salutorget Scandinavian Bistro
Salutorget Scandinavian Bistro Review
Right beside City Hall, this building retains Doric columns and deep wood panels that harken back to the days when it was a bank rather than an elegant restaurant. Toast skagen, a Nordic classic, is a good bet for a starter—it's shrimp, mayo, and chives on toasted bread, topped with a generous dollop of whitefish roe. Moose Wallenbergare, served with potato puree, game sauce, and cranberry jam, is definitely worth trying as a main course. Salutorget has adopted with gusto the very British concept of afternoon tea. Two Sunday brunch sittings are available, at noon and 3.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
I thought I'd post this for anyone thinking about traveling to Finland. Read more
At eight fifteen in the evening I am on the cold and windy sundeck of the Amorella as the lights of Stockholm slowly fades in the distance.
On a moonless night I am making a ten hour journey across the Read more
I will be visiting Finland next month, meeting a number of relatives for the first time. Read more
· News & Features
It's the land of the midnight sun, its capital was named the 2012 World Design Capital, and Santa lives... Read more
Northern Finland’s tourism peaks in winter, and with good reason; in addition to snow sports galore...... Read more