Built in 1935 by Lars Sonck, this church is named for the Finnish religious reformer considered to be the father of written Finnish. Mikael Agricola (circa 1510–57) wrote the first Finnish children's speller, the Abckirja (published around 1543), and translated the New Testament into Finnish (published in 1548). The church's sharp spire and tall brick steeple are visible amid Tehtaanpuisto, a small neighboring park. The inside of the church is quite bare,
and no visitors are allowed except during Sunday services.