- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's England 2014
At a Glance
- peaceful location
- plenty of character
- handy parking
- not very central for sights
- occasional noise from trains in front-facing rooms
Check Rates from our Partners
A 10-minute walk from the center, this quirky B&B in a quiet neighborhood makes an ideal base for a night or two in town. The owners, who are also antiques dealers, have adorned the Victorian building with period furnishings, fascinating artwork, and a trove of objects that invite lingering over. There's no sense of clutter, however; rooms are scrupulously clean, and the organic breakfasts are superb.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
For the time being, keep your Mediterranean give me North of England locations with the sun shining in Spring.
We dusted off our ‘Walks in the Forest of Bowland’ a Cicerone Guide written by Read more
I recently got back from a wonderful trip to Budapest, with overnight layovers in London coming and going. Read more
I am planning to backpack some parts of Europe. Read more