- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's England 2014
At a Glance
- spacious rooms
- friendly and helpful staff
- staid ambience
- no elevator
Check Rates from our Partners
The Alverton Review
Formerly a convent, this atmospheric lodging still has a chapel (now used for functions), but there is no trace of austerity in the newly refurbished guest rooms, which are large and comfortable, with French cherrywood furniture. Quiet elegance permeates the public areas, and in the restaurant standards are kept high with the use of local produce in traditional English recipes. Make sure you sample the impressive selection of local cheeses.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
First … thank you so much to all who helped with suggestions. Read more
We saw London, we saw France and lots more.
Day 1 (9/18) Amsterdam
Well I have put off this trip report long enough so here goes. I am writing this to pay forward the help and advice which I received from Read more
Alright, seasoned travelers, here is a very rough sketch of my itinerary for the summer. Read more