- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's England 2014
Horn of Plenty
Horn of Plenty Review
The restaurant within this Georgian house has magnificent views across the wooded, rhododendron-filled Tamar Valley. The sophisticated menu favors local and seasonal ingredients. Beef Rossini–a roast sirloin with seared foie gras, Jeruslaem artichoke puree, and truffle jus—is a typical main course. There are several fixed-price menus (lunch £19.50 and £24.50, dinner £49.50); the best value is Monday evening's potluck menu (£29). A converted coach house and the main house contain 10 sumptuously furnished guest rooms. It's 3 miles west of Tavistock.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
I recently got back from a wonderful trip to Budapest, with overnight layovers in London coming and going. Read more
Happened to log on and noticed a couple of people asking how we got on in London! Read more
Perfect timing for our trip! Read more