Stratford-upon-Avon and the Heart of England Feature
- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Top Reasons to Go
The city of Birmingham: The revamped city center shows off its superb art collections and cultural facilities, international cuisine, and renowned Jewellery Quarter.
Half-timber architecture: Black-and-white half-timber houses are a mark of pride throughout the region; there are concentrations of buildings from medieval times to the Jacobean era in Chester, Shrewsbury, and Ludlow.
Ironbridge Gorge: Recall the beginnings of England's Industrial Revolution at this fine complex of industrial-heritage museums.
Shakespeare in Stratford: To see a play by Shakespeare in the town where he was born—and perhaps after you've visited his birthplace or other sites—is a magical experience.
Warwick Castle: Taking in the history—and some modern kitsch—at this sprawling medieval castle is a fun day out and great for the whole family.Updated: 10-2013
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's