- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's Croatia and Slovenia, 2nd Edition
Kula Lotršćak (Lotršćak Tower)
Kula Lotršćak (Lotršćak Tower) Review
Formerly the entrance to the fortified medieval Gradec, Kula Lotršćak now houses a multilevel gallery with occasional exhibits of contemporary art. Each day at noon a small cannon is fired from the top of the tower in memory of the times when it was used to warn of the possibility of an Ottoman attack. You can climb the tower partway via a spiral wooden staircase for a look into the gallery rooms (which occupy several floors) or all the way to the observation deck up top for splendid views of Zagreb and environs.
- Address: Strossmayerovo Šetalište, Gornji Grad, Zagreb, 10000
- Phone: 01/485–1926
- Cost: Observation deck 10 Kn; gallery free
- Hours: Daily 9–8
- Location: Gornji Grad (Upper Town)
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Last year me and my friends decided to take a trip to Europe, but not the more touristy western part of the continent, but the lesser traveled Eastern part of the same. Read more
In late September/early October, my husband and I took our honeymoon: a week-long cycling trip from Venice to Porec, followed by a (non-cycling) week of wine tasting and relaxing in Istria and Slovenia. Read more
Has anyone ever had any experience working with Adriatic Travel Agency: http://adriatictours.com?
We are thinking of using them for some things in Croatia, but can't find any reviews on them.
Thanks i Read more
· News & Features
Tired of following the pack?... Read more
Everyone knows Europe's heavy-hitters.... Read more
'Tis the season for truffled travels.... Read more