- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- German Phrases
The origins here go back to 1683, when this spot opened as one of the city's official Stadtheuriger (wine taverns). Below the Esterházy palace, the atmosphere is like that of a cozy cave, with low-hanging vaults and alpine wooden booths. The maze of rooms offers some of the best wines of any cellar in town, plus a typical Viennese menu noontime and evenings. The best choice for meat lovers is roast pork with dumplings and cabbage.
- Address: Haarhof 1, 1st District, Vienna, A-1010 | Map It
- Phone: 01/533–3482
- Website: www.esterhazykeller.at
- U-Bahn: U1 or U4/Stephansplatz.
- Location: The Inner City Center: Baroque Gems and Vienna's Shopwindows
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
In early September 2013, we had a trip to Europe, covering 14 cities in 15 days. Read more
This is a long overdue trip report on our first trip to Europe during summer 2013.
A little background: We are a family with two little girls, 6 and 4 years of age, who have traveled extensively in Asia Read more
Hi all - looking for some good advice for a trip we are planning mid to late May of 2015. Read more
· News & Features
Think Europe is best in the springtime? ... Read more
The Palais Hansen Kempinski Vienna opened its doors last month for the first time since the 1873 World... Read more
Despite what it may seem like, with its rich classical music and architectural roots, Vienna is an incredibly... Read more