- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- German Phrases
Café Frauenhuber Review
Repair here to find some peace and quiet away from the busy shoppers on Kärntnerstrasse. The original turn-of-the-20th-century interior with its obligatory red-velvet seating and somewhat tired upholstery (if you don't suffer from back problems you'll be fine), is a visual treat. The Viennese breakfasts are legendary. You'll find fewer tourists here than in other typical cafés, and more of a local feel, which its had since it first opened its doors in 1824.
- Address: Himmelpfortgasse 6, 1st District, Vienna, A-1010 | Map It
- Phone: 01/512–5323
- Website: www.cafe-frauenhuber.at
- U-Bahn: U1 or U3/Stephansplatz.
- Location: The Eastern City Center: Stephansdom and Medieval Vienna
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
I planned my trip using this forum and thought I should pay it forward and hopefully help someone else out there who is planning a trip. Read more
In the Easter holidays in 2013 we decided to go on a road trip in Europe, and picked out some countries. Read more
Need advice for my trip - 19 May - 3 June 2014.
Fly into Amsterdam and leave from Vienna.
Beginning at Amsterdam, my wife and I would like to travel by train and the 2 must visit place are Zermatt, Salszburgh. Read more
· News & Features
Think Europe is best in the springtime? ... Read more
The Palais Hansen Kempinski Vienna opened its doors last month for the first time since the 1873 World... Read more
Despite what it may seem like, with its rich classical music and architectural roots, Vienna is an incredibly... Read more