- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- German Phrases
Café Frauenhuber Review
Repair here to find some peace and quiet away from the busy shoppers on Kärntnerstrasse. The original turn-of-the-20th-century interior with its obligatory red-velvet seating and somewhat tired upholstery (if you don't suffer from back problems you'll be fine), is a visual treat. The Viennese breakfasts are legendary. You'll find fewer tourists here than in other typical cafés, and more of a local feel, which its had since it first opened its doors in 1824.
- Address: Himmelpfortgasse 6, 1st District, Vienna, A-1010 | Map It
- Phone: 01/512–5323
- Website: www.cafe-frauenhuber.at
- U-Bahn: U1 or U3/Stephansplatz.
- Location: The Eastern City Center: Stephansdom and Medieval Vienna
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
In early September 2013, we had a trip to Europe, covering 14 cities in 15 days. Read more
This is a long overdue trip report on our first trip to Europe during summer 2013.
A little background: We are a family with two little girls, 6 and 4 years of age, who have traveled extensively in Asia Read more
My fiancé and I are getting married at the end of May and will be spending 3 weeks in June in Europe for our honeymoon. Read more
· News & Features
Think Europe is best in the springtime? ... Read more
The Palais Hansen Kempinski Vienna opened its doors last month for the first time since the 1873 World... Read more
Despite what it may seem like, with its rich classical music and architectural roots, Vienna is an incredibly... Read more