- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- German Phrases
Zum Schwarzen Kameel
Zum Schwarzen Kameel Review
Back when Beethoven dined at "the Black Camel," it was already a foodie landmark. Since then, it has split into a Delikatessen and a restaurant. Try the former if you're in a hurry—fresh sandwiches are served at the counter. If time is not an issue, dine in the elegant, intimate art nouveau dining room. Let the head waiter, the one with the Emperor Franz Josef mustache, rattle off the specials of the day in almost-perfect English; the Beinschinken (Viennese ham) is the speciality of the house and is renowned throughout Austria.
- Address: Bognergasse 5, 1st District, Vienna, A-1010 | Map It
- Phone: 01/533–8125
- Website: www.kameel.at
- U-Bahn: U3/Herrengasse.
- Location: The Inner City Center: Baroque Gems and Vienna's Shopwindows
- Reservations essential.
- Credit cards accepted.
- Closed Sun.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
In early September 2013, we had a trip to Europe, covering 14 cities in 15 days. Read more
This is a long overdue trip report on our first trip to Europe during summer 2013.
A little background: We are a family with two little girls, 6 and 4 years of age, who have traveled extensively in Asia Read more
Hi, there. Read more
· News & Features
Think Europe is best in the springtime? ... Read more
The Palais Hansen Kempinski Vienna opened its doors last month for the first time since the 1873 World... Read more
Despite what it may seem like, with its rich classical music and architectural roots, Vienna is an incredibly... Read more