- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- German Phrases
Zum Schwarzen Kameel
Zum Schwarzen Kameel Review
Back when Beethoven dined at "the Black Camel," it was already a foodie landmark. Since then, it has split into a Delikatessen and a restaurant. Try the former if you're in a hurry—fresh sandwiches are served at the counter. If time is not an issue, dine in the elegant, intimate art nouveau dining room. Let the head waiter, the one with the Emperor Franz Josef mustache, rattle off the specials of the day in almost-perfect English; the Beinschinken (Viennese ham) is the speciality of the house and is renowned throughout Austria.
- Address: Bognergasse 5, 1st District, Vienna, A-1010 | Map It
- Phone: 01/533–8125
- Website: www.kameel.at
- U-Bahn: U3/Herrengasse.
- Location: The Inner City Center: Baroque Gems and Vienna's Shopwindows
- Reservations essential.
- Credit cards accepted.
- Closed Sun.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
Our 40th anniversary (20 day) trip to Germany-Vienna: Part 1 - Castles
Overview: My wife and I celebrated our 40th anniversary with a trip to Germany and a side trip to Vienna. Read more
Report Abuse We recently returned from Bavaria, Germany and Austria (Sept 1-20). Read more
·Austria Forum, Belgium Forum, Czech Republic Forum, France Forum, Germany Forum, Italy Forum, Luxembourg Forum, Netherlands Forum, Switzerland Forum
Hi everyone! Read more
· News & Features
Think Europe is best in the springtime?... Read more
The Palais Hansen Kempinski Vienna opened its doors last month for the first time since the 1873 World... Read more
Despite what it may seem like, with its rich classical music and architectural roots, Vienna is an incredibly... Read more