Vienna Woods, Lake Neusiedler, and the Danube River Feature
- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- German Phrases
Top Reasons to Go to Vienna Woods, Lake Neusiedler, and the Danube River
Baden. Spend an afternoon discovering the attractive spa and casino town of Baden.
Leisurely Bike Rides. Pedal through the flat plains surrounding Neusiedler Lake, stopping to explore scenic tiny villages and eat fresh fish from the lake.
The Melk Abbey. Magnificent Benedictine baroque splendor leaves you breathless. The enormous edifice, stately royal rooms, lovely library, and golden, glittering church are incomparable.
Linz. As the saying goes, "It begins in Linz." Designated the Cultural Capital of Europe 2009, the capital of the province of Upper Austria has awakened to a new future, taking a leading role in contemporary art, style, and design.
Wachau Valley. Travel in tranquillity by boat or bike between the historic towns of Krems and Melk and experience the Danube Valley's most picturesque and verdant vistas.Updated: 06-2013
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's