- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- German Phrases
A shady walk of about 20 minutes east from Bad Ischl's town center follows a brook and deposits you at this former farmhouse, once thought to be the supplier of eggs and milk for the imperial breakfast table (a nice story, though probably not true). The Vierthaler family, the present owners, swear, however, that this was the very locale where the Kaiserschmarrn was born. The name literally translates to "emperor's nonsense," but many consider it to be the most delicious dessert in Austria—a raisin-studded pancake covered with powdered sugar. It makes for a lovely time to stop here to enjoy this treat along with an afternoon coffee.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
In early September 2013, we had a trip to Europe, covering 14 cities in 15 days. Read more
This is a long overdue trip report on our first trip to Europe during summer 2013.
A little background: We are a family with two little girls, 6 and 4 years of age, who have traveled extensively in Asia Read more
Hi, there. Read more
· News & Features
Stunning beaches, tantalizing food, and veritable vino—we're all about epicurean excellence... Read more
A history of Moleskine notebooks and a blog for safari lovers are among the things we've been reading... Read more
Nassau is an easily accessible, fun-packed destination for adults and kids alike.... Read more