- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- German Phrases
At a Glance
- perfect location
- free Internet
- friendly and helpful staff
- some rooms on the lower floors can be noisy
Check Rates from our Partners
Goldener Adler Review
In the very heart of the Old Innsbruck pedestrian area, this Best Western Hotel is across the street from the Goldenes Dachl. Since 1390, this hotel has welcomed nearly every king, emperor, duke, or poet who passed through Innsbruck. Emperor Joseph II, King Ludwig II of Bavaria, Goethe, Paganini, and even the young Mozart stayed here, as the marble plate on the facade attests. Some of the rooms, in modern style with some Tyrolean accents, are right on the street. These can be noisy, so if you're a light sleeper ask for one of the quieter rooms on the top floor.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
I planned my trip using this forum and thought I should pay it forward and hopefully help someone else out there who is planning a trip. Read more
In the Easter holidays in 2013 we decided to go on a road trip in Europe, and picked out some countries. Read more
Need advice for my trip - 19 May - 3 June 2014.
Fly into Amsterdam and leave from Vienna.
Beginning at Amsterdam, my wife and I would like to travel by train and the 2 must visit place are Zermatt, Salszburgh. Read more
· News & Features
Techie travelers have embraced the fun, tech-driven, on-the-road adventure that is geocaching. ... Read more
This week, we covered top destinations for great family getaways—from Disney World to dinosaur spotting.... Read more
Go on location in Görlitz, Germany, to the transporting set of director Wes Anderson's film... Read more