- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- German Phrases
Lech is linked with Oberlech and Zürs with more than 30 ski lifts and cable cars, all accessed by the regional ski pass, which allows skiers to take in the entire region, including Lech, Oberlech, Zürs, Stuben, St. Christoph, and St. Anton. The area as a whole includes 85 cable cars and lifts (most of them with heated seats!), 260 km (161 miles) of groomed pistes, and 180 km (112 miles) of open slopes. In addition, there is a vast network of cross-country trails.
The ski pistes and open slopes in Lech are spread between 4,757 feet and 9,186 feet above sea level, including the slopes Rüfikopf, Madloch, and Mohnenfluh. Some 400 skiing instructors can help you master the craft here. Snowboarders have their own Fun Park which also has a floodlighted toboggan run and horse-drawn sleigh rides.
Lech-Zürs Tourist Office. For complete information on skiing facilities contact the Lech-Zürs Tourist Office on the main street in the center of Lech. Postfach 54, Lech, Vorarlberg, A-6764. 05583/2161–0. www.lech-zuers.at.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe