- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- German Phrases
At a Glance
- pleasant atmosphere
- friendly staff
- many extras included in the price
- some rooms on the small side
- some rooms not refurbished yet
Check Rates from our Partners
This wooden chalet in the center of the village offers old-fashioned charm and modern amenities. The elegantly furnished rooms have nice touches. Close to climbing in summer and skiing in winter, the hotel also has its own fishing streams and organizes many activities like hiking and yoga. The half-board plan includes a five-course certified-organic dinner. It serves its own trout and other mountain-stream fish; ask if there is Gams (local chamois) on the menu.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
Three Meals, Three Countries Part I: Storks in Austria!
Obligation-free Saturdays were a rarity for us in the US, and we often "wasted" them by running errands, tending the yard, and so forth. As the Trailing Read more
We recently completed a Gate 1 Danube River Cruise with a 3 night pre-cruise extension in Prague and a 2 night post-cruise extension in Budapest.
In Prague, we stayed at the 5* Hotel Imperial, a lovely Read more
I have 5 days in Europe, leaving Wed, June 19. Read more
· News & Features
You've heard of Lake Como (thanks to George's exploits), but halfway between Milan and Venice lies Italy's ... Read more
Need we say more?... Read more
On the tip of Mexico's Baja Peninsula, sun-drenched Los Cabos draws in everyone from honeymooners and... Read more