- Drive the Grossglockner Highway. As long as weather conditions permit, this panoramic road is one of Austria's most spectacular mountain passes and an absolute must.
- Take pictures at Heiligenblut. Of all the picture-book images in the country, this jewel of a photo-op town has to be the winner, with its slender church steeple and gorgeous mountain backdrop.
- Head to the lake at Velden. There is a decided Mediterranean feel to this upscale lakeside town, where heavily wooded hills slope gently down to the Worthersee, and the lakeshore is lined by hotels and the fabulous villas of Austria’s rich and famous—not to mention the casino.
- Ski at Bad Kleinkirchheim. The province of Carinthia's best-known and most fashionable ski resort is home to the greatest downhill racer of all time, Franz Klammer. Join him—or follow in his tracks—on the slopes.
- Eisriesenwelt. Literally translated to "the giant ice world," this wonder of nature is, in fact, one of the biggest ice caves in the world—don’t miss this unforgettable experience.
- "Take the cure" at Bad Gastein. This is, perhaps, the most famous of all Alpine mountain spas.
Our 42-hour vacation itineraries are tailored to your interests—from arts-and-culture escapes to outdoor adventures.More