- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
This stunning small island, the second-to-last cay in the string of small islands between Providenciales and North Caicos, has a gorgeous sandy beach and good snorkeling; it's also a good place to search for sand dollars. It's currently uninhabited but looks ominous with its partially built Mandarin Oriental resort, which was abandoned when the economy tanked—its future is still uncertain at this writing—the shells of buildings can be seen from miles. If visiting by private boat, it's still worth a stop just for the many unusual seashells.
Dellis Cay at a Glance
Elsewhere in Turks and Caicos Islands
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's