- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Diving and Snorkeling
About 35 dive sites around Bequia, and nearby islands are accessible within 15 minutes by boat. The leeward side of the 7-mile (11-km) reef that fringes Bequia has been designated a marine park. The Bullet, off Bequia's northeast point, has limited access because of rough seas, but it's a good spot for spotting rays, barracuda, and the occasional nurse shark. Devil's Table is a shallow dive at the northern end of Admiralty Bay that's rich in fish and coral and has a sailboat wreck nearby at 90 feet. The Wall is a 90-foot drop, off West Cay. Expect to pay dive operators $70 for a one-tank and $106 for a two-tank dive, including equipment. Dive boats welcome snorkelers for about $20 per person, but for the best snorkeling in Bequia, take a water taxi to the bay at Moonhole and arrange a pickup time.
Bequia Dive Adventures. This company offers PADI instruction courses and takes small groups on three dives daily; harbor pickup and return is included for customers staying on yachts. Belmont Walkway, Port Elizabeth, Bequia, VC0400. 784/458–3826. www.bequiadiveadventures.com.
Dive Bequia. Dive and snorkel tours, night dives, and full equipment rental is available from Dive Bequia, and so are resort and certification courses. Gingerbread Hotel, Belmont Walkway, Port Elizabeth, Bequia, VC0400. 784/458–3504. www.bequiadive.com.
More Sports and Outdoors
- Diving and Snorkeling
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe