- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Boating and Sailing
With regular trade winds, visibility for 30 miles (48 km), and generally calm seas, Bequia is a big draw for those sailing the Grenadines—which easily rates among the best blue-water sailing anywhere in the world. At Port Elizabeth, you'll find all kinds of options: day sails or weekly charters, bareboat or fully crewed, monohulls or catamarans. Prices for day trips start at about $125 per person.
Friendship Rose. This 80-foot schooner spent its first 25 years ferrying both passengers and mail between Bequia and neighboring islands. In the late 1960s it was refitted, and the Friendship Rose now takes passengers on day trips from Bequia to Mustique and the Tobago Cays. Waterfront, Port Elizabeth, Bequia, VC0400. 784/457–3739 or 784/457–0886. 784/457–3888. www.friendshiprose.com.
Nicola IV. Skippered by Nicki Hazell, a native of Bequia, and Cristina, his Spanish wife, this 44-foot C&C sailing yacht lets passengers participate. On a daysail to Mustique or a snorkeling trip to the nearby uninhabited island of Isle de Quatre, you can take the helm if you want, or simply sit back and enjoy the view. Longer charters of a week or more are also available. Paget Farm, Bequia. 784/495–4229 cell. 784/458–3093. nicola.bequia.net.
More Sports and Outdoors
- Boating and Sailing
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's