- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's In Focus Barbados & St. Lucia
At a Glance
- local flavor and style
- breathtaking Pitons vista
- in-room pools
- excellent cuisine
- complimentary Wi-Fi
- the communal infinity pool is small
- open fourth walls and steep drops make this the wrong place for kids or anyone with disabilities
- no a/c (but no real need due to the breezy setting)
- rental car suggested
Check Rates from our Partners
The elegantly rustic Ladera, perched 1,100 feet above the sea directly between the two Pitons, is one of the most sophisticated small inns in the Caribbean but, at the same time, takes a local, eco-friendly approach to furnishings, food, and service. Each tree house–style suite and the five 2-bedroom villas are decorated with colonial antiques and locally crafted furniture and decor; each unit also has an open fourth wall, with that dazzling Pitons view as a backdrop for a private plunge pool. The Ti Kai Posé Spa (Creole for "Little House of Rest") offers relaxing and therapeutic massages, beauty services, and restorative bathing pools; an air-conditioned gym has all the latest equipment. Dasheene, the open-air restaurant, has an excellent menu along with that stunning view. The hotel provides complimentary shuttle service throughout the day to the Anse des Pitons beach. The minimum stay in the winter season is three nights.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
This is my second time visiting St Lucia and like the first time my visit here will be a brief one since it is my transit stop to St Vincent then Grenada.
However, in less than five hours after leaving Read more
My husband and I just returned from five nights in St Lucia. Read more
Assuming we, like Sally in Seattle who just posted, can manage the trip to the Caribbean from the West Coast, which of these islands offers the nicest "beach" experience?
The two resorts I'm considering Read more
· News & Features
Here are 11 reasons to sit at your computer on Cyber Monday and click away in pursuit of your next beach ... Read more
While an infinity-edge pool that glints under the sun is fabulous, nothing beats a private pool you need... Read more
Most come into fitness getaways with strong preconceived notions, but each retreat is unique and migh... Read more