- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Castries and the North
Castries, the capital city, and the area north and just south of it are the island's most developed areas. The roads are mostly flat, straight, and easy to navigate. The beaches are some of the island's best. Rodney Bay Marina and most of the resorts, restaurants, and nightspots are north of Castries. Pigeon Island, one of the important historical sites, is at the island's northwestern tip. About 15 minutes south of Castries lies lovely Marigot Bay, which is both a yacht haven and a lovely destination for landlubbers.
Castries and the North at a Glance
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's