Miss June's Cuisine
Miss June's Cuisine Review
Dinner with Miss June Mestier, a dynamo originally from Trinidad, could never be called ordinary. The all-inclusive experience (held only once weekly, usually Wednesday) begins with cocktails in the ornate living room, followed by dinner in an elegant dining room where tables are set with mismatched china and crystal. Hors d'oeuvres and three courses, including soup and fish, are served. "Now that you've had dinner," Miss June proclaims, "let's have fun," and she presents a grand multidish feast highlighting her Trinidadian curries, local vegetable preparations, and meats. "I invite people into my home for dinner and then my manager has the audacity to charge them as they leave!" quips Miss June, who joins guests (diners have included Oprah Winfrey, John Grisham, and members of Aerosmith) after dinner for coffee and brandy. Miss June won't kick you out, but she may ask you to turn the lights out as you leave.
- Address: Jones Bay, Nevis
- Phone: 869/469–5330
- Location: Nevis
- Reservations essential.
- Closed Thurs.–Tues. No lunch.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
When researching for next Caribbean island to escape the winter two words catch my eye: "... lush mountains ...". And since the British Airways had good price and flight times I've booked the tickets.
So, I realize I’ve been lax in my duty of writing a Trip Report. Read more
On several other travel sites and via word of mouth from fellow travelers, I keep hearing cautionary tales about how crime on Nevis is steadily rising, especially violent crime. Read more
· News & Features
Wine connoisseurs take note: Norwegian Cruise Line has partnered with the Michael Mondavi Family Estate ... Read more
Got cabin fever?... Read more
Finding an affordable, stylish hotel in Manhattan is a challenge.... Read more