Ft. George is high on the hill at the entrance to St. George's Harbour. Grenada's oldest fort, it was built by the French in 1705 to protect the harbor. No shots were ever fired here until October 1983, when Prime Minister Maurice Bishop and several of his followers were assassinated in the courtyard. The fort now houses police headquarters but is open to the public daily. The 360-degree view of the capital city, St. George's Harbour, and the open sea is spectacular.
Church St., St. George's, Grenada