- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
La Yola Review
Dining on the deck here, gentle breeze blowing over the Puntacana Marina, you feel as if you are actually aboard a yola (a small, local fishing boat). The cuisine has Mediterranean and Caribbean influences, and attentive service enhances the experience. Seafood and fish dominate the menu (you'll also find beef and chicken selections). Main plates, including the catch of the day—usually red snapper, grouper, or dorado (mahimahi)—are artfully prepared and presented. Baked Chilean sea bass topped with caponata, flanked by Lyonaisse potatoes, is a savory specialty, but costs as much as the lobster. Most sides are extra. As there is a glass-floor portal, you can sometimes see what you ordered swim by!
- Address: Puntacana Resort & Club, Punta Cana
- Phone: 809/959–2262 Ext. 8002
- Location: Punta Cana
- Reservations essential.
- Credit cards accepted.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Beautiful resort. Read more
My husband was shot at the condo unit Serenity del sol in February 2012 during a robbery at the condo unit right beside us. Read more
We are a family of four adults traveling in early June from Boston. Read more
· News & Features
Here are 11 reasons to sit at your computer on Cyber Monday and click away in pursuit of your next beach ... Read more
If you think that Punta Cana is all sun-drenched beaches, massaged, and pina coladas, you're right.... Read more
The words plush, perks, and pool make a really good combination, don't you think?... Read more