Punta Cana for over 55?

Search

Punta Cana for over 55?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 3rd, 2023, 12:12 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Punta Cana for over 55?

Looking for a decent AI in Punta Cana for two couples over 55 to go to end of February. We like good food, good drinks, and clean beach/water/pool/rooms. Looking to spend around $2500 for 5 nights. Some that I've researched look like it's a 30 something party all day long. Any recommendations? Also not dead set on Punta Cana. Any warm sunny place in the Caribbean should do. Flying out from PHL.
Old Dec 4th, 2023, 01:03 PM
J62

Punta Cana and clean beach aren't usually used in the same sentence.

The beaches there get buried daily in tons of seaweed. The resorts do their best to blean the beach, but not much they can do about the water.
Old Dec 4th, 2023, 03:13 PM

Originally Posted by crossh
Looking for a decent AI in Punta Cana for two couples over 55 to go to end of February. We like good food, good drinks, and clean beach/water/pool/rooms. Looking to spend around $2500 for 5 nights. Some that I've researched look like it's a 30 something party all day long. Any recommendations? Also not dead set on Punta Cana. Any warm sunny place in the Caribbean should do. Flying out from PHL.
Ive never been impressed with the DR and have been there twice. The last in PV was 2018 I think and frankly the hospitality at our resort was awful.

Consider Aruba, Curaçao, Grand Cayman, St. Martin, Barbados or Turks and Caicos.
Old Dec 4th, 2023, 06:04 PM

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Just because a resort website shows only young beautiful people, does not necessarily mean that is really the clientele (lol). If there are a few places you are interested in try to find 'in real life' reviews somewhere (Trip Advisor, DR specific forums, etc.)
Old Dec 5th, 2023, 03:55 AM
Original Poster

I would love to go to Consider Aruba, Curaçao, Grand Cayman, St. Martin, Barbados or Turks and Caicos. But our budget is under $3000 including air.
Old Dec 5th, 2023, 04:42 AM
J62

$500 a night for 4 people at an A.I. will be hard to manage on those other islands.
Your $ will go a lot further if you do self-catering.
Old Dec 5th, 2023, 05:40 AM

Originally Posted by crossh
I would love to go to Consider Aruba, Curaçao, Grand Cayman, St. Martin, Barbados or Turks and Caicos. But our budget is under $3000 including air.
consider Apple vacations then. I just saw some all inclusive deals out of Philadelphia in your price range with air to the Riviera, Maya, Cancun.

That’s just for starters.

Good luck.