- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Café el Mercurio
Café el Mercurio Review
If you're peckish before or around sunrise, this is a good place to come. It's named for Mercury—the god of commerce, whose likeness sits atop the Lonja del Comercio building in which it's located—and is open around the clock every day. The specialties are unusual for Cuba: omelets, sandwiches, and salads, hamburgers, chicken, fish, and fries. The tables resemble those in a diner back home, and it feels like a Cuban mix of a 1950s diner and a McDonald's. For more highbrow tastes, you can order lobster medallions with chicken and a blue-cheese sauce.
- Address: Plaza de San Francisco de Asís, La Habana Vieja, Havana
- Phone: 7/860–6188
- Location: La Habana Vieja
- Credit cards accepted.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
· News & Features
Recently relaxed travel restrictions mean that Cuba, with its beautiful architecture and vibrant culture, ... Read more
The longstanding travel restrictions between the US and Cuba continue to ease, with new licenses granted... Read more
We recently asked you, dear readers, about your most unforgettable travel experiences.... Read more