- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's In Focus Cayman Islands
Blue by Eric Ripert
Blue by Eric Ripert Review
Top Chef judge Eric Ripert's trademark ethereal seafood (executed by his handpicked brigade), flawless but not fawning service, swish setting, and soothing sophistication sans pretension make Blue one of the Caribbean's finest restaurants. Choose from a regular four-course or the chef's hedonistic six- and seven- course tasting menus (with or without wine pairing). Many dishes are clever riffs on the mother restaurant (New York's celebrated Le Bernardin), using the island's natural bounty (the tribute to the great Bernardin tuna foie gras adds Cayman sea salt). The sensuous counterpoint of flavors, textures, even colors is unimpeachable, as in sautéed kingklip with avocado-coconut cream, sunflower sprouts, and lime sauce vierge; or melt-in-your-mouth chocolate mousse with caramelized banana, mango-saffron sauce, and cocoa sorbet. The vast wine list offers big names but also showcases hot new regions and lesser-known varietals that offer quality and comparative value.
- Address: Ritz-Carlton Grand Cayman, West Bay Rd., Seven Mile Beach, Grand Cayman KY1-1209
- Phone: 345/943–9000
- Location: Grand Cayman
- Reservations essential.
- Closed Sun. and Mon. No lunch.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
I realize it took me a while to report on our trip last June, to the cayman islands, and I am not good at writing reports, plus it has been a while since our trip, but here it is...
We were Read more
Mr Frogoutofwater and I just got back from a 6-night stay in Grand Cayman. Read more
I have several restaurant questions:
1. Read more
· News & Features
Sunbathing in Grand Cayman, your boutique hotel's sommelier approaches to let you know that rare bottle ... Read more
Many deem Grand Cayman one of the best culinary destinations in the Caribbean—judge for yoursel... Read more
If you're going to a Caribbean Island, the chances are good that you're looking for a way to take a break...... Read more