- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Kauri Coast Top 10 Holiday Park
At a Glance
- good for families
- gets crowded
- not private
Kauri Coast Top 10 Holiday Park Review
Come for the spotless and varied lodging configurations—cabins with or without kitchens, and with or without bathrooms, as well as self-contained apartments; stay for the spectacular nighttime exploration of Trounson Kauri Park that promises looming kauri trees and maybe even a kiwi bird or two. Owners Herb and Heather Iles can point you in the right direction for several outdoor activities. They give guided tours of the park nightly (tours cost NZ$20; reservations essential); guests frequently spot kiwi on the walks. If you are traveling from the north, you need to turn left off the state highway and onto Trounson Park Road, 3 km (2 mi) before the small village of Kaihu. The holiday park is clearly signposted.
- Address: Trounson Park Rd., 70 km (43 mi) south of Opononi Kaihu, RD 9 | Map It
- Phone: 09/439–0621
- Website: www.kauricoasttop10.co.nz
- Location: Hokianga and the Kauri Coast
- 2 motel units, 3 apartments, 8 cabins, 60 campsites.
- Rate includes no meals.
- Credit cards accepted.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
Hai everyone... I finally visited New Zealand... Yeay!!!! I am pretty proud of myself because I did all the driving and planning... We had 12 days journey in North Island from October 13 to October 24.. Read more
August 15-Sept 14, 2013
My love affair with the South Island of New Zealand continues. Read more
I am finalizing details on my trip to NZ, which is coming up in 2 weeks and would appreciate insight and feedback in finalizing activities and details on my itinerary. Read more
· News & Features
From milk and cookies to a full-on Christmas tree (with the option to decorate it yourself), hotels are... Read more
As 2013 comes to a close, there's no slowing down for the Bay Area's restaurant scene.... Read more
Visit the mysterious Land of the Golden Pagodas—Myanmar—with AmaWaterways, starting in Novembe... Read more