Antigua Boat Sheds & Cafe
Antigua Boat Sheds & Cafe Review
Built for the Christchurch Boating Club in 1882, this green-and-white wooden structure is the last shed standing of a half dozen that once lined the Avon. On sunny days, punts, canoes, and paddle boats take to the river paddled by visitors and families alike. Join them by renting a boat and taking a champagne picnic into the Botanic Gardens or farther up into the woodlands of Hagley Park. After exploring the waterway you can hire a bike for more action or rest awhile at the boat shed's licensed café (open for breakfast and lunch) with a deck overlooking the Avon.
- Address: 2 Cambridge Terr., Christchurch, 8013 | Map It
- Phone: 03/366–5885; 03/366–6768
- Cost: Single canoe $NZ12 per hr, double canoe $NZ24 per hr, rowboat $NZ24 per 1/2 hr (3–4 people), paddle boat $NZ25 per ½ hr (minimum 2 people) Bike hire: $NZ10 per hr, $30 all day.
- Hours: Dec.–Apr., daily 9–4:30; May–Nov., daily 9–4
- Website: www.boatsheds.co.nz
- Location: Christchurch
Be the first to review this property
View deals in Christchurch and Canterbury for vacation packages, hotels, airfare, and more from our partners!More