- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Methven's main claim to fame is as a ski town—it's the closest town to Mt. Hutt, which does not allow accommodations on its slopes. If you happen to be here in summer, don't be put off by the empty streets. There are some bargains to be had, and you can take advantage of walking, salmon fishing, jet-boating, and hot-air ballooning.
Methven at a Glance
Elsewhere in Christchurch and Canterbury
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's